This highly depends on how you designed your collections etc. - there is no
general answer. You have to do a performance test based on your configuration
and documents.

I also recommend to check the Solr documentation on how to design a collection
for 7.x and maybe start even from scratch defining it with a new fresh schema
(using the schema api instead of schema.xml and solrconfig.xml etc). You will
have anyway to reindex everything so it is a also a good opportunity to look at
your existing processes and optimize them.