Hi Dhanesh,

Although I handle Auto-Suggest, I have worked a little with Suggester
component. Suggester provides results as you type. Do you really need it?

Also, I don't know if I'm correct, but where have you described '&' to be
replaced with 'and'? Is 'and' present in your stopwords list?

I think posting the query and results for both cases of first problem will
help us more.

On Thu, 9 Jan 2020 at 20:50, Dhanesh Radhakrishnan <dhan...@hifx.co.in>
wrote:

> Dear all,
> I'm facing two issues with solr suggester component.
>
> *First *
> If I typed "Fire and safety", I'll get the result. But If I type "Fire &
> safety" suggester is not showing
>
> *Second*
> I'm getting duplicate suggestions  in suggester
>
>  "suggest": {
>         "categorySuggester": {
>             "software": {
>                 "numFound": 100,
>                 "suggestions": [
>                     {
>                         "term": "Software And Web Development||6070",
>                         "weight": 0,
>                         "payload": ""
>                     },
>                     {
>                         "term": "Software And Web Development||6070",
>                         "weight": 0,
>                         "payload": ""
>                     },
>                     {
>                         "term": "Software And Web Development||6070",
>                         "weight": 0,
>                         "payload": ""
>                     }
>
>                 ]
>             }
>         }
>     }
>

> Here is my configuration
>
> In solrconfig.xml
>

> <searchComponent name="suggest" class="solr.SuggestComponent">
>         <lst name="suggester">
>             <str name="name">categorySuggester</str>
>             <str name="lookupImpl">AnalyzingInfixLookupFactory</str>
>             <str name="suggestAnalyzerFieldType">text_suggest</str>
>             <str name="dictionaryImpl">DocumentDictionaryFactory</str>
>             <str name="field">categoryAutoComplete</str>
>            <str name="weightField">categoryRank</str>
>             <str name="buildOnStartup">false</str>
>             <str name="buildOnCommit">false</str>
>             <str name="indexPath">/dictionary/category</str>
>             <bool name="exactMatchFirst">true</bool>
>             <str name="highlight">false</str>
>   </lst>
> </searchComponent>
>

> In schema.xml
>
> <field name="categoryAutoComplete" type="text_suggest" indexed="true"
> stored="true"  multiValued="true" />
>

> <fieldType class="solr.TextField" name="text_suggest"
> positionIncrementGap="100">
>     <analyzer type="index">
>         <tokenizer class="solr.StandardTokenizerFactory"/>
>         <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory"
> generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1"
> catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
>         <filter class="solr.StandardFilterFactory"/>
>         <filter class="solr.LowerCaseFilterFactory"/>
>         <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true"
> words="stopwords.txt"/>
>         <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="synonyms.txt"
> ignoreCase="true" expand="true"
> tokenizerFactory="solr.KeywordTokenizerFactory"/>
>         <filter class="solr.RemoveDuplicatesTokenFilterFactory"/>
>         <!-- <charFilter class="solr.PatternReplaceCharFilterFactory"
> [...]

Regards,

*Paras Lehana* [65871]
Development Engineer, Auto-Suggest,
IndiaMART Intermesh Ltd.

8th Floor, Tower A, Advant-Navis Business Park, Sector 142,
Noida, UP, IN - 201303

Mob.: +91-9560911996
Work: 01203916600 | Extn:  *8173*

--