: We think this is a bug (silently dropping commits even if the client
: requested "waitForSearcher"), or at least a missing feature (commits beging
: the only UpdateRequests not reporting the achieved RF), which should be
: worth a JIRA Ticket.

Thanks for your analysis Michael -- I agree something better should be
done here, and have filed SOLR-14262 for subsequent discussion...

I believe the reason the local commit is ignored during replay is to
ensure a consistent view of the index -- if the tlog being
replayed contains COMMIT1,A,B,C,COMMIT2,D,... we should never open a new
searcher containing just A or just A+B w/o C if a COMMIT3 comes along
during replay -- but agree with you 100% that either commit should support
'rf' making it obvious that this commit didn't succeed (which would also
be important & helpful if the node was still down when the client sends
the commit) ... *AND* ... we should consider making the commit block until
replay is finished.

...BUT... there are probably other nuances i don't understand ...
hoepfully other folks more familiar with the current implementation will
chime in on the jira.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/