Thank you Sandeep. Actually there is a reasoning behind core precision to
be 10. I didn't want cores to be the only criteria. Setting precision to 1
would pretty much work like that.

I have a higher preference for freedisk to be distributed evenly but
doesn't seem like it works that well if core is missing or secondary in the
preferences list. Couldn't locate a good resource on Autoscaling API.

Nevertheless, setting precision to 3 seems to be doing what I intend to.