Agreed. Here is an article from 13 years ago when I accidentally turned on
stopword removal at Netflix. It caused bad problems.

https://observer.wunderwood.org/2007/05/31/do-all-stopword-queries-matter/

Infoseek was not removing stopwords when I joined them in 1996. Since then,
I’ve always left stopwords in the index. Removing stop words is a desperate
speed/hack hack from the days of 16-bit machines.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org