Extractors are exactly as good as the data you have to train or
configure them with. An open source extractor platform may still
require you to come up with a rather large heap of data from
somewhere.

Not all the vendors of extractors lose money.

How useful NEE is for search is an ongoing question that depends on
what sort of data you are working with and what sort of precision
challenges most concern you.

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Walter Underwood
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Verity sold a lot of features based on "we might need it at some point."
> Very few people deployed the advanced features. They just didn't need them.
>
> wunder
>
> On 10/27/08 9:27 AM, "Charlie Jackson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, when they first mentioned it, my initial thought was "cool, but we
>> don't
>> need it." However, some of the higher ups in the company are saying we might
>> want it at some point, so I've been asked to look into it. I'll be sure to
>> let
>> them know about the flaws in the concept, thanks for that info.

>> Charlie Jackson
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> for entity extraction