Dear list,

in my SolrCloud 6.6 I have a huge collection and now I will get
much more data from a different source to be indexed.
So I'm thinking about a new collection and combine both, the existing
one and the new one with an alias.

But how to handle the unique key accross collections within a datacenter?
Is it at all possible?

I don't see any problems with add, update and delete of documents because
these operations are not using the alias.

But searching accross collections with alias and then fetching documents
by id from the result may lead to results where the id is in both collections?

I have no idea, but there are SolrClouds with a lot of collections out there.
How do they handle uniqueness accross collections within a datacenter?

Regards
Bernd