Hi,

I have a question regarding solrcloud searches on both replicas of an index.
I have a solrcloud setup with 2 physical machines (let's call them A and
B), and my index is divided into 2 shards, and 2 replicas, such that each
machine has a full copy of the index. My Zookeeper setup uses 3 instances.
The nodes and replicas are as follows:
Machine A:
      core_node3 / shard1_replica_n1
      core_node7 / shard2_replica_n4
Machine B:
      core_node5 / shard1_replica_n2
      core_node8 / shard2_replica_n6

I'm using solrJ and I create the solr client using Http2SolrClient.Builder
and the IP of machineA.

Here is my question:
when I do a search (using solrJ) and I look at the search logs on both
machines, I see that the same search is being executed on both machines.
But if the full index is present on both machines, wouldn't it be enough
just to search on one of machines?
In fact, if I turn off machine B, the search returns the correct results
anyway.

Thanks a lot.

Reinaldo