Hi!
We just started using SolrSlf4jReporter to get hold of metrics.
In Solr 8.5.2 there is a issue, when the number of cores is larger than 3
(default value of coreLoadThreads) the logged metrics for some cores are
missing all MDC variables for the core.

There has been some changes concerning MDCLoggingContext by David Smiley in
«SOLR-14351 Harden MDCLoggingContext.clear depth tracking», I haven't
managed to check if this fixes it.

What happens in 8.5.2 is that MDCLoggingContext.clear() is called at the
end of CoreContainer.createFromDescriptor(...), clear
decrements CALL_DEPTH, resulting in CALL_DEPTH having a value larger than 0
when the next Core is created.

Maybe MDCLoggingContext.reset() should be used instead
of MDCLoggingContext.clear() for a 8.5.x fix?

The workaround to set a larger value of coreLoadThreads does work.

--
Kind regards,
Marvin B. Lillehaug