There’s a lot of confusion about using points-based fields for faceting, see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13227 for instance.

Two options you might try:
1> copyField to a string field and facet on that (won’t work, of course, for
any kind of interval/range facet)
2> use the deprecated Trie field instead. You could use the copyField to a Trie
field for this too.

Best,
Erick