On 6/15/2020 9:04 PM, Vishal Vaibhav wrote:
I am running on solr 8.5. For some reason entire cluster went down. When i
am trying to bring up the nodes,its not coming up. My health check is
on "/solr/rules/admin/system". I tried forcing a leader election but it
dint help.
so when i run the following commands. Why is it trying to proxy when those
nodes are down. Am i missing something?

<snip>

java.net.UnknownHostException:
search-rules-solr-v1-2.search-rules-solr-v1.search-digital.svc.cluster.local:

It is trying to proxy because it's SolrCloud. SolrCloud has an internal load balancer that spreads queries across multiple replicas when possible. Your cluster must be aware of multiple servers where the "rules" collection can be queried.

The underlying problem behind this error message is that the following hostname is being looked up, and it doesn't exist:

search-rules-solr-v1-2.search-rules-solr-v1.search-digital.svc.cluster.local

This hostname is most likely coming from /etc/hosts on one of your systems when that system starts Solr and it registers with the cluster, and that /etc/hosts file is the ONLY place that the hostname exists, so when SolrCloud tries to forward the request to that server, it is failing.

Thanks,
Shawn