Shawn Heisey-2 wrote
> Atomic updates are nearly identical to simple indexing, except that the
> existing document is read from the index to populate a new document
> along with whatever updates were requested, then the new document is
> indexed and the old one is deleted.

As per the above statement in atomic-update, it reindex the entire document
and deletes the old one.
But I was going through solr documentation regarding the  ( solr document
update policy
<https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_5/updating-parts-of-documents.html>
) and found these two contradicting statements:

1. /The first is atomic updates. This approach allows changing only one or
more fields of a document without having to reindex the entire document./

2./In regular atomic updates, the entire document is reindexed internally
during the application of the update. /

Is there something I'm missing here?

Regards,
Raj