: I'm doing some expirements with the morelikethis functionality using the
: standard request handler to see if it also works with distributed search (I
: saw that it will not yet work with the MoreLikeThis handler,
: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-788). As far as I can see, this
: also does not work when using the standard request handler, i.e.:

i think perhaps you are confused about that issue .. SOLR-788 isn't About
the MLT Handler -- it's about the MLT Component (as mentioned in the
description of the issue) which provides the exact functioality you seem
to be trying to test (as a component of SearchHandler) ...

: http://localhost:8080/solr/select?q=ID:*documentID&*
: mlt=true&mlt.fl=Text&mlt.mindf=1&mlt.mintf=1&shards=shard1,shard2

the MLT Handler, also doesn't support distributed searching, but
as far as i know there aren't any plans to add it (distributed searching
is a feature of SearchHandler, as a seperate handler MoreLikeThisHandler
doesnt' take advantage of that at all.)

-Hoss