I would be interested in the answer here, as well.  We're using LTR
successfully on Solr 7.3 and Solr 8.3 in cloud mode, but we're struggling to
load a simple, test model on 8.3 in master/slave mode.   The FeatureStore
appears to load, but we're not sure it's loading correctly, either. Here are
some details from the engineer on our team who is leading that effort:

"I'm getting a ClassCastException when uploading a Model. Using the debugger,
was able to see the line throwing the exception is:
org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.findClass(SolrResourceLoader.java:488)

Apparently it cannot find: org.apache.solr.ltr.model.LinearModel, although the
features appear to be created without issues with the following class:
org.apache.solr.ltr.feature.FieldValueFeature

Another thing we were able to see is that the List<Feature> features has a list
of null elements, so that made us think there may be some issues when creating
the instances of Feature.

We had begun to believe this might be related to the fact that we are running
Solr in Master/Slave config. Was LTR ever tested on non-cloud deployments??

Any help is appreciated."

Monica D Skidmore
Lead Engineer, Core Search

CareerBuilder.com <https://www.careerbuilder.com/> | Blog
<https://www.careerbuilder.com/advice> | Press Room
<https://press.careerbuilder.com/>

On 7/24/20, 7:58 AM, "Christine Poerschke (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)"