Thanks Shawn, for looking into this.

I did make sure that no explicit parameter wt is being sent and also
verified the logs and even that's not showing up any extra parameters. But
it's always taking json as a default, unless I pass it explicitly as wt=xml
which I don't want to do it here. Is there something else that I need to do
?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Yaswanth Kumar Konathala.