: Hmm, setting -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 solves the problem. I have to now check
: which component of the application screws it up, but at the moment I do NOT
: believe it is related to Solrj.

You can use the "forbidden-apis" project to analyze your code and look for
uses of APIs that depend on the default file encoding, locale, charset,
etc...

        https://github.com/policeman-tools/forbidden-apis

...this project started as an offshoot of build rules in
Lucene/Solr, precisely to help detect problems like the one you
are facing -- and it's used to analyze all Solr code, which is why i'm
pretty confident that no SolrJ code is mistakenly
parsing/converting/encoding your input -- allghough in theory it could be
a 3rd party library Solr uses.  (Hardcoding the unicode string in your
java application and passing it as a solr param should help prove/disprove
that)

: