Hi all,

Thanks for all your help recently. We're now using the edismax query parser
and are happy with its behaviour. We have another question which maybe
someone can help with.

We have one use case where we optimise our query before sending it to Solr,
and we do this by manipulating the client's input query string. However,
we're slightly uncomfortable using String manipulation to do this as
there's always the possibility we parse their string wrongly. (We have a
large test suite to check if we're doing the right thing, but even then, we
String manipulation doesn't feel right ...).

Question: is it possible to get a Lucene Query representation of the
client's query, which we can then navigate and manipulate -- before we then
send the String representation of this Query to Solr for evaluation?

Kind regards and thank you for your help in advance,

Edd