Solr follows the ASF policy for reporting vulnerabilities, described in this
page on our website: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/security.html. This page
also lists known vulnerabilities that have been addressed, with their
mitigation steps.

Scanning tools are commonly full of false positives so for this reason the
community does not accept the unfiltered scanner output such as a spreadsheet
as a vulnerability report.

We attempt to maintain a list of known false positives (also linked from the
website) at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/SolrSecurity#SolrSecurity-SolrandVulnerabilityScanningTools.
 But in all honestly such a list is really hard to keep up with. Exact versions
in your report may differ from what’s on the list, but usually the general
conclusion that it’s not an exploitable issue remains. For example, our list
notes a CVE for ‘dom4j-1.6.1.jar' is not an exploitable vulnerability because
it is only used in tests. If a CVE comes out for ‘dom4j-1.7.3.jar’ (if such a
version exists), the fact remains that the dependency is only used in tests and
is still not exploitable in a production system.

If you do find a real vulnerability you are concerned about, ASF policy is for
you to privately report it to the community so it can be addressed before
hackers have a chance to attempt to exploit user systems. How to do that is
also described in the Security page in our website linked above.

-Cassandra