Hi Solr Experts!
We are moving from Solr 6.5.1 to Solr 8.5.0 and having a problem with long
query, which has a search text plus many OR and AND conditions (all in one
place, the query is about 20KB long).
For the same set of data (about 500K docs) and the same schema the query in
Solr 6 return results in less than 2 sec, Solr 8 takes more than 10 sec to get
10 results. If I increase the number of rows to 300, in Solr 6 it takes about
10 sec, in Solr 8 it takes more than 1 min. The results are small, just IDs. It
looks like the relevancy scoring plays role, because if I move this query to
filter query - both Solr versions work pretty fast.
The right way should be to change the query, but unfortunately it is difficult
to modify the application which creates these queries, so I want to find some
temporary workaround.

What was changed from Solr 6 to Solr 8 in terms of scoring with many
conditions, which affects the search speed negatively?
Is there anything to configure in Solr 8 to get the same performance for such
query like it was in Solr 6?

Thank you,
Vadim

This email is intended solely for the recipient. It may contain privileged,
proprietary or confidential information or material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please delete this email and any attachments and notify the
sender of the error.