Hello,

We have been using SOLR for quite some time. We used 6.0 and now we did a
little upgrade to our system and servers and we started to use 8.6.1.
We use it on a Windows Server 2019.
Java version is 11
Basically using it in a default setting, except giving SOLR 2G of heap. It used
512, but it ran out of memory and stopped responding. Not sure if it was the
issue. When older version, it managed fine with 512MB.
SOLR is not in a cloud mode, but in solo mode as we use it internally and it
does not have too many request nor indexing actually.
Document sizes are not big, I guess. We only use one core.
Document stats are here:
Num Docs: 3627341
Max Doc: 4981019
Heap Memory Usage: 434400
Deleted Docs: 1353678
Version: 15999036
Segment Count: 30

The size of index is 2.66GB

While making upgrade we had to modify one field and a bit of code that uses it.
Thats basically it. It works.
If needed more information about background of the system, I am happy to help.

But now to the issue I am having.
If SOLR is started, at first 40-60 minutes it works just fine. CPU is not high,
heap usage seem normal. All is good, but then suddenly, the heap usage goes
crazy, going up and down, up and down and CPU rises to 50-60% of the usage.
Also I noticed over the weekend, when there are no writing usage, the CPU
remains low and decent. I can try it this weekend again to see if and how this
works out.
Also it seems to me, that after 4-5 days of working like this, it stops
responding, but needs to be confirmed with more heap also.

Heap memory usage via JMX and jconsole ->
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zo3B_xFsrrt-WRaxW-0A0QMXDNscXYih/view?usp=sharing
As you can see, it starts of normal, but then goes crazy and it has been like
this over night.

This is overall monitoring graphs, as you can see CPU is working hard or hardly
working. ->
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Gtz-Bi7LUrj8UZvKfmNMr-8gF_lM2Ra/view?usp=sharing
VM summary can be found here ->
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FvdCz0N5pFG1fmX_5OQ2855MVkaL048w/view?usp=sharing
And finally to have better and quick overview of the SOLR executing parameters
that I have ->
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10VCtYDxflJcvb1aOoxt0u3Nb5JzTjrAI/view?usp=sharing

If you can point me what I have to do to make it work, then I appreciate it a
lot.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Jaan