Hi,

I heavily use streaming expressions and facets, or export large amounts of data
from Solr to Spark to make analyses.

Please correct me if I know wrong:

+ requesting a non-docValues field in a response causes whole document to be
decompressed and read from disk
+ streaming expressions and export handler requires every field read to have
docValues

- docValues increases index size, therefore memory requirement, stored only
uses disk space
- stored preserves order of multivalued fields

It seems stored is only useful when I have a multivalued field that I care
about the index-time order of things, and since I will be using the export
handler, it will use docValues anyways and lose the order.

So is there any case that I need stored=true?

Best,
ufuk

--
uyilmaz <uyil...@vivaldi.net>