Hi community,

I want to implement collapse queries instead of group queries . In solr
documentation it is stated that we should prefer collapse & expand queries
instead of group queries.Please explain how the collapse & expand queries
is better than grouped queries ? How can I implement it ? Do i need to add
anything in *solrconfig.xml file* as well or just need to make changes in
solr queries like below:

*fq={!collapse field=*field*}&expand.rows=n&expand=true  instead of
group.field=*field*&group=true&group.limit=n*

I have done performance testing by making above changes in solr queries and
found that query times are almost the same for both collapse queries and
group queries.

Please help me how to implement it and its advantage over grouped queries.

Thanks,
Parshant Kumar.