Hi All,

As I mentioned in my previous post that reloading/refreshing of the external
file is consuming most of the time during a commit operation.
In order to nullify the impact of external files, I had deleted external
files from all the shards and issued commit through the curl command. Commit
operation got completed in 3 seconds. Individual shards took 1.5 seconds to
complete the commit operation. But there was a delay of around 1.5 seconds
on the shard whose hostname was used to issue the commit. Hence overall
commit time is 3 seconds.

During this operation, there was no timeout or any other kind of error
(except `external file not found` error which is expected). I'm not able to
figure what might be causing the delay on hostname_shard. Is there any
setting that impacts curls operation and we might have accidentally changed
it.

I have been trying to solve this issue for the last 15 days, can someone
please help in resolving it.
Let me know in case any information/logs are missing.

Regards,
Raj

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html