That sample solrconfig.xml includes <jmx/>, but the 7.0 release notes say that
is no longer supported. Should that be removed from the config?

"<jmx> element in solrconfig.xml is no longer supported. Equivalent
functionality can be configured in solr.xml using <metrics><reporter ...>
element and SolrJmxReporter implementation. Limited back-compatibility is
offered by automatically adding a default instance of SolrJmxReporter if it's
missing, AND when a local MBean server is found (which can be activated either
via ENABLE_REMOTE_JMX_OPTS in solr.in.sh or via system properties, eg.
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote). This default instance exports all Solr metrics
from all registries as hierarchical MBeans. This behavior can be also disabled
by specifying a SolrJmxReporter configuration with a boolean init arg "enabled"
set to "false". For a more fine-grained control users should explicitly specify
at least one SolrJmxReporter configuration.”

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/8_7_0/changes/Changes.html#v7.0.0.upgrading_from_solr_6.x

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org