Thanks Michael Gibney , Shawn Heisey for pointing in the right direction.

1. Will there be any performance degrade if we use shards.preference?
2. How about leader election if we decided to use NRT + PULL ? TLOG has the
advantage of participating in leader election correct?
3. NRT + TLOG is there any parameter which can reduce the TLOG replication
time

Have a greate week ahead!

Regards,
Mohandoss.