Hello folks,

I am currently working on an issue where we need to enable exact highlighting
on a text field.

Only problem is that it should also be possible to have also parts of the query
which don't need to be exact.(e.g. "Hello World" Test, so "Hello World" needs
to be an exact match, but tests would also match test.)

We have a text field with our normal analyzer pipeline (stemming,...) and a
copy field which has a decreased pipeline(lowercase filter).

For searching this does its job fine and only returns the correct results by
translating the query to its supposed fields(e.g. " data-rule="ARROWS"
data-suggestions="[{"value":"→"},{"value":"⇾"},{"value":"≥"},{"value":"⇉"},{"value":"⇒"},{"value":"⇨"},{"value":"⇛"}]"
 data-type="grammar">-> text_exact:"Hello World" AND text:Test)

Now the problem: The highlighting is now split into the two text fields (which
makes sense). So we somehow want to combine those two highlights (they have the
same stored text) to get appropriate "tags" and also scores.

I haven't found a neat solution to this problem by now and would like to ask if
someone has done something similar or has a clear idea on what to do.

I have tried to tinker a bit around our custom extension of the unified
highlighter and tried to somehow merge the passages returned by the
highlighter. But this is quite tedious and error-prone. The next idea was to do
a two-step process by first getting the positions of the exact match in the
text_exact field and afterwards somehow filter only highlights that have these
positions inside. (But I suppose this idea would still not solve the
"tag"(<em>/</em>) problem .)

I am glad for every help you could offer.

Jan
  • Exact and non exact hi... df2832368_...@amberoad.de df2832368_...@amberoad.de