Hello,

we are using Solr 7.7.2 and sometimes we are performing a full reindex of a core. Therefor we stop the replication on the master (solr/<core>/replication?command=disablereplication), we backup and delete the index, finally we rebuild the index and enable the replication again.

However, the moment we stop the replication on the master, the Slave-Solr's delete their index. This behavior is also described in the issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11938, but without any comments yet.

This seems to be a result of fixing the issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-11293
Because if I rollback the line in IndexFetcher.java
from "if (commit.getGeneration() != 0)"
to "if (forceReplication && commit.getGeneration() != 0)"
back, then everything works fine, it means that the slaves stop deleting her indexes after turning off the replication.

Is this behavior with stopping replication and loosing the index a known problem?
Has anyone else had the problem and knows how to solve it?
I am not sure, what will be fail, if i revert the line in IndexFetcher.java.

Thanks and regards
Mahmut