I've answered a few in my time, but my experience is that if you do so you then get emailed a whole load more questions some of which aren't even relevant to Solr! Also, quite a few of them are 'here is 3 pages of code please debug it for me no I won't tell the actual error I got'.

This is the best place to come,  also there's the IRC channel, the new Slack gateway to this at https://s.apache.org/solr-slack and in our own Relevance Slack at http://opensourceconnections.com/slack there's a #solr channel (as well as many others on search & relevance topics).

Solr is 'hot' (but not as hot as Elasticsearch), and search is still a niche business overall.

HTH

Cheers

Charlie