From: David Smiley <dsmi...@apache.org>
Sent: יום א 14 פברואר 2021 19:17
To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Atomic Update (nested), Unified Highlighter and Lazy Field Loading
=> Invalid Index

Hello Ronen,

Can you please file a JIRA issue?  Some quick searches did not turn anything
up.  It would be super helpful to me if you could list a series of steps with
Solr out-of-the-box in 8.8 including what data to index and query.  Solr
already includes the "tech products" sample data; maybe that can illustrate the
problem?  It's not clear if nested schema or nested docs are actually required
in your example.  If you share the JIRA issue with me, I'll chase this one down.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 11:16 AM Ronen Nussbaum <rone...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I discovered a strange behaviour with this combination.
> Not only the atomic update fails, the child documents are not properly
> indexed, and you can't use highlights on their text fields. Currently
> there is no workaround other than reindex.
>
> Checked on 8.3.0, 8.6.1 and 8.8.0.
> 1. Configure nested schema.
> 2. enableLazyFieldLoading is true (default).
> 3. Run a search with hl.method=unified and hl.fl=<one of child text
> fields> 4. Trying to do an atomic update on some of the *parents* of
> the returned documents from #3.
>
> You get an error: "TransactionLog doesn't know how to serialize class
> org.apache.lucene.document.LazyDocument$LazyField".
>
> Now trying to run #3 again yields an error message that the text field
> is indexed without positions.
>
> If enableLazyFieldLoading is false or if using the default highlighter
> this doesn't happen.
>
> Ronen.

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of
Verint Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. The information is
intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If
you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for
the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute to
anyone this message or any information contained in this message. If you have
received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this
e-mail.