On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 10:34:50AM -0800, Tomás Fernández Löbbe wrote:
> As far as I know the current OOTB options are system properties or
> per-request (which would allow you to use different per collection, but
> probably not ideal if you do different types of requests from different
> parts of your code). A workaround (which I've used in the past) is to have
> a custom client that overrides and sets the credentials in the "request"
> method (you can put whatever logic there to identify which credentials to
> use). I recently created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15154
> and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-15155 to try to address this
> issue in future releases.

I have not tried it, but could you not:

1. set up an HttpClient with an appropriate CredentialsProvider;
2. pass it to HttpSolrClient.Builder.withHttpClient();
2. pass that Builder to LBHttpSolrClient.Builder.withHttpSolrClientBuilder();
3. pass *that* Builder to CloudSolrClient.Builder.withLBHttpSolrClientBuilder();

Now you have control of the CredentialsProvider and can have it return
whatever credentials you wish, so long as you still have a reference
to it.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst