On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 5:19 AM, Lance Norskog <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> These are what you may be asking:
> 1)
> Do you wish to read records from the database that are already indexed, and
> you want to change the fields found and leave the rest of the Solr document?
> This would certainly be a worthwhile feature; there is a separate project to
> add 'altering existing documents' in the Jira.

SOLR-139 and SOLR-828 are the issues currently tracking this. They are
n owhere close to a resolution AFAIK
> 2)
> Do you wish to pull both field names and values from the database and add
> those to the document? Using the Solr wildcard field name feature? One
> design pattern that inspired the Solr wildcard field name feature was to
> index products that each have some unique metadata (memory chip has speed
> etc., digital camera has resolution etc.) but the total number of tag names
> is in the thousands. It was not practical to write a schema.xml with
> thousands of field names. It is also not feasible to write a DIH config
> handler with thousands of fieldname/xpath combinations.  This would also be
> a worthwhile addition to DIH
DIH supports wild card fields . You do not have to put the .field
definition in data-config.

But you will have to write a transformer to add a column into the
returned row with the correct name.
not:There was a bug in 1.3 release , take a more recent version of DIH.