: I've tried searching for this answer all over but have found no results
: thus far.  I am trying to add a new field to my schema.xml with a
: default value of 0.  I have a ton of data indexed right now and it would
: be very hard to retrieve all of the original sources to rebuild my
: index.  So my question is...is there any way to send a command to SOLR
: that tells it to re-index everything it has and include the new field I
: added?

default values only affect documents as they are indexed.  you can add
that field, without reindexing anything, and solr will work, but those
docs still won't have that value.  you have to manually re-index
everything for them to get it.

-Hoss