Are you running Solr in a container more specifically, Ive had few issues w/ zones in the past and Solr (I believe there are some networking issues w/ older Solaris versions) ...

They are basically where you can slice ("virtualize") your resources and divide a box up into something similar to a VPS ...

http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/zones/

- Jon

On Dec 5, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Kashyap, Raghu wrote:

Jon,

What do you mean by off a "Zone"? Please clarify

-Raghu

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Baer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 9:56 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr on Solaris

Just curious, is this off a "zone" by any chance?

- Jon

On Dec 4, 2008, at 10:40 PM, Kashyap, Raghu wrote:

We are running solr on a solaris box with 4 CPU's(8 cores) and  3GB
Ram.
When we try to index sometimes the HTTP Connection just hangs and the
client which is posting documents to solr doesn't get any response
back.
We since then have added timeouts to our http requests from the
clients.

I then get this error.

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: requested 239848 bytes for Chunk::new. Out
of swap space?

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

Exception in thread "JmxRmiRegistryConnectionPoller"
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

We are running JDK 1.6_10 on the solaris box. . The weird thing is we
are running the same application on linux box with JDK 1.6 and we
haven't seen any problem like this.

Any suggestions?

-Raghu