I have a cluster of Solr Master/Slaves.  We write tot he master and replicate
to the slaves via rsync.

Master:

1. Replication is every 5 minutes.
2. Inserting many 100's docs per minute
3. Index is: 23 million documents
4. commits are every 30 seconds

Slave:

1. Pre-warmed after rsync snapshot takes ~50 seconds
2. many queries per second

So given that how should I setup the following searcher configs:

    <useColdSearcher>false</useColdSearcher>

    <!-- Maximum number of searchers that may be warming in the background
      concurrently.  An error is returned if this limit is exceeded.
Recommend
      1-2 for read-only slaves, higher for masters w/o cache warming. -->

    <maxWarmingSearchers>5</maxWarmingSearchers>

Here's what I'm thinking:

For the Master:

I don't care about searchers, we do no autowarming and never query so ? 1,
or 5 or what does this even mean?

Current settings:

useColdSearcher: true, why do I care?
maxWarmingSearchers: 1 - becasue I can't see why I would ever have more than
one but I'm concerned since the docs advise otherwise for high throughput
masters which applies in my case.

For the Slave:
Again, seems we shoudl get 1 new searcher every 5 minutes but there would be
2 existing for ~50 seconds as the second one autowarms.

useColdSearcher: false, wait for the warming to do the heavy lifting
maxWarmingSearchers: 1 again, always use just one?

Thanks for any insights into these

Jim