On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 10:36 AM, BenDede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think I have not all understand with Solr... :(
>
> I have got datas in a database and I use DataImportHandler to index it, but
> I have a question for the next. What are the best solution?
>
> 1. Have an light index, which not stored data and do requests in the
> database to get it.
> Or
> 2. Have directly an index which stored the datas needs.

If #2 works (just store the data you need to retrieve in Solr) then use it.
It makes for simpler front-ends, allows Solr to do things like
highlighting for you, keeps the content associated with ids in sync,
and potentially removes a point-of-failure on the search-side (if all
your webapp needs to query is solr, then the db can go down for short
periods of time w/o affecting service).

-Yonik