Hey guys,
    Thanks for the response, but how would make recency a factor on
scoring documents with the standard request handler.
The query (title:iphone OR bodytext:iphone OR title:firmware OR
bodytext:firmware) AND _val_:"ord(dateCreated)"^0.1
seems to do something very similar to just sorting by dateCreated
rather than having dateCreated being a part of the score.

Thanks,
Sammy