William Pierce wrote:
Thanks, Ryan!

It is great that Solr replication (SOLR-561) is included in this release. One thing I want to confirm (if Noble, Shalin et al) can help:

I had encountered an issue a while back (in late October I believe) with using SOLR-561. I was getting an error (AlreadyClosedException) from the slave code which caused the replication to fail. I was wondering if this had been fixed.

Mark Miller had helped diagnose the problem and suggested a source code change.

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=20505307&framed=y

Thanks,

- Bill

Hey Bill, Ill update you on this. It was a bug in Lucene that is sidestepped in solr 1.4 (as I mentioned in the original thread, a patch switched to using Lucene methods that don't tickle the bug), so it will be fixed in 1.4. Also though, the original bug was fixed in Lucene, and solr 1.4 will contain a version of Lucene with that fix, so we should be doubly fixed here ;)

- Mark