Hi ,
   I'm new to Solr ..  I've been able to get Solr up & running.  But got
some quick questions.

  1) How do I filter results based on permissions from an external database
system ?
       --> Should I implement a queryfilter which will look up permissions
in the DB for permissions on each doc returned .
       --> Or should I handle this in a request handler ?

   2) I need to support sub-documents & documents. So I was planning to make
my sub-documents as Solr docs.  But depending on query types I need to dup
out sub-documents and return only one document for all sub-docs in a result
set. Which interface to I needs to implement to achieve this ?

   3) if I do duping  , my total result count will be off , what is the
right way to return an estimated total doc count ...

Thanks
Mike