Hi,

We are using Solr as a standalone server. And our web application sends a
HTTP request for searching. We receive JSON result back and use the result.

I had initailly asked about Searher
(http://www.nabble.com/What-do-we-mean-by-Searcher--td21436737.html). Now I
understand it better.

As per my understanding, when I send a search query for the first time, a
new searcher is opened. And this searcher caters to subsequent requests as
well. When I stop the Solr server, the current searcher stops/closes with
it. So on restarting, a new searcher will be initialized.

Now, I want to know , how can I close a current searcher and open a new
searcher through HTTP request only? I donot want to restart the server to
open a new searcher.

We would be implementing caching for our application. And I read that in
Solr, cached objects will be valid as long as the Searcher is valid. So in
order to properly manage cache, we would want to understand if there is any
way that we can close/open searcher through HTTP requests.

Thanks,
Manu