I have a transient SQL table that I use to load data into Solr using the
DataImportHandler. I run an update every 15 minutes
(dataimport?command=full-import&clean=false&optimize=false), but my table
will frequently have no new data for me to import. When the table contains
no data, it looks like Solr is doing a lot more work than it needs to. The
performance degradation is the same for loading zero records as it is for

I noticed that when no data is imported, no new index files are created, so
it seems like something (Lucene?) is aware of the empty update. But since
the performance degradation is the same, I'm guessing that a new Searcher is
still created, warmed, and registered. Is that correct?