Hi,

Our Solr server is a standalone server and some web applications send HTTP
query to search and get back the results.

Now I have following two requirements -

1. we want to schedule 'delta-import' at a specified time. So that we dont
have to explicitly send a HTTP request for delta-import.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler mentions 'Schedule full
imports and delta imports' but there is no detail. Even
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-solr-update/index.html mentions
'scheduler' but again there is no detail.

2. I had asked peviously regarding caching and memory
management(http://www.nabble.com/How-to-open-a-new-searcher-and-close-the-old-one-by-sending-HTTP-request-td21496803.html).
So how do I schedule auto-commit for my Solr server.

As per my understanding, <autoCommit> tag in Solrconfig.xml will call commit
only if there has been an update. Right? So in case, no document has been
added/updated, how can I call auto commit?
Note: My only purpose to call commit without document change is to close
current Searcher and open a new Searcher. This is for better memory
management with caching.

Please let me know if there is any resources that I can refer for these.

Thanks,
Manu