: I am using a ranking algorithm by modifying the XMLWriter to use a
: formulation which takes the top 3 results and query with the 3 results and
: now presents the result with as function of the results from these 3
: queries. Can anyone reply if I can take the top 3results and query with them
: in the same reponsewriter?
:  Or is there any functionality provided by solr in either 1.2 or 1.3
: version.

I'm not sure why you would do this in XMLWriter -- this is the type of
logic that would make more sense in a RequestHandler or SearchComponent.

in fact: this is very similar to what the MoreLikeThisComponent does --
except it sounds like you want to create a single query based on multiple
documents (MLT creates a seperate query for each document)

take a look at the SearchComponent API -- and use MLT as an example and i
think you'll see a relatively easy way to accomplish your goal.

-Hoss