Hi
I had earlier described my requirement of needing to 'post XMLs as-is' to SOLR and have it handled just as the DIH would do on import using the mapping in data-config.xml. I got multiple answers for the 'post approach' - the top two being

- Use SOLR CELL
- Use SOLRJ

In general I would like to keep all the 'data conversion' inside the SOLR powered search system rather than having clients do the XSL and transforming the XML before sending them (CELL approach).

My question is? How should I design this
- Tomcat Servlet that provides this 'post' endpoint. Accepts the XML over HTTP, transforms it and calls SOLRJ to update. This is the same TOMCAT that houses SOLR.
 - SOLR Handler (Is this the right way?)
- Take this a step further and implement it as an extension to DIH - a handler that will refer to DIH data-config xml and use the same transformation. This way I can invoke an import for 'batched files' or do a 'post 'for the same XML with the same data-config mapping being applied. Maybe it can be a separate handler that just refers to the same data-config.xml and not necessarily bundled with DIH handler code.

Looking for some advise. If the DIH extension is the way to go then I would be happy to extend it and contribute that back to SOLR.

Regards,
Guna