They are documented in http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ FieldOptionsByUseCase and in the FAQ , but I agree that it could be more readily accessible.

-Mike

On 27-Jan-09, at 5:26 AM, Jarek Zgoda wrote:

Finally found that the fields have to have an analyzer to be highlighted. Neat.

Can I ask somebody to document these all requirements?

Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2009-01-27, o godz. 13:49, przez Jarek Zgoda:

I turned these fields to indexed + stored but the results are exactly the same, no matter if I search in these fields or elsewhere.

Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2009-01-27, o godz. 13:09, przez Jarek Zgoda:

Solr 1.3

I'm trying to get highlighting working, with no luck so far.

Query with params q=cyrus&fl=*,score&qt=standard&hl=true&hl.fl=title+description finds 182 documents in my index. All of the top 10 hits contain the word "cyrus", but the highlights list is empty. The fields "title" and "description" are stored but not indexed. If I specify "*" as hl.fl value I get the same results.

Do I need to add some special configuration to enable highlighting feature?

--
We read Knuth so you don't have to. - Tim Peters

Jarek Zgoda, R&D, Redefine
jarek.zg...@redefine.pl