From: Olivier Dobberkau [mailto:olivier.dobber...@dkd.de]
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 6:30 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Severe errors in solr configuration

Am 04.02.2009 um 13:54 schrieb Anto Binish Kaspar:

> Hi Olivier
>
> Thanks for your quick reply. I am using the release 1.3 as war file.
>
> - Anto Binish Kaspar

OK.
As far a i understood you need to make sure that your solr home is set.
this needs to be done in

Quting:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrTomcat

In addition to using the default behavior of relying on the Solr Home
being in the current working directory (./solr) you can alternately
add the solr.solr.home system property to your JVM settings before
starting Tomcat...

export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dsolr.solr.home=/my/custom/solr/home/dir/"

...or use a Context file to configure the Solr Home using JNDI

A Tomcat context fragments can be used to configure the JNDI property
needed to specify your Solr Home directory.

Just put a context fragment file under $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/
localhost that looks something like this...

$ cat /tomcat55/conf/Catalina/localhost/solr.xml

<Context docBase="/some/path/solr.war" debug="0" crossContext="true" >
    <Environment name="solr/home" type="java.lang.String" value="/my/
solr/home" override="true" />
</Context>

Greetings,

Olivier

PS: May be it would be great if we could provide an ubuntu dpkg with
1.3 ? Any takers?

--
Olivier Dobberkau

Je TYPO3, desto d.k.d

d.k.d Internet Service GmbH
Kaiserstr. 79
D 60329 Frankfurt/Main

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main
Registernummer: HRB 45590
Geschäftsführer:
Olivier Dobberkau, Søren Schaffstein, Götz Wegenast

fon:  +49 (0)69 - 43 05 61-70
fax:  +49 (0)69 - 43 05 61-90
mail: olivier.dobber...@dkd.de
home: http://www.dkd.de