On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Gert Brinkmann <g...@netcologne.de> wrote:

> sunnyfr wrote:
> > Yes the average is 12 docs seconde updated.
>
> In our case with indexing normal web-pages on a normal workstation we
> have about 10 docs per second (updating + committing). This feels quite
> long. But if this is normal... ok.
>
> > I actually reduce warmup and cache, it works fine now, I will see if it
> > impact a lot or not the request time.
>
> Is a warmup and cache refill done on every commit? Might it be possible
> to do this on optimization only and not on every commit?

Yes autowarming, if enabled, is done on each commit. It is not possible to
do it only for optimize because the caches contain the lucene's document ids
which change on commits.

> Or does optimize automatically trigger a commit? In this case I could
> turn off committing all 100 documents and only do an optimize at the end
> of indexing.

Batch committing is always a better option than committing for each
document. An optimize automatically commits. Note that you may not need to
optimize very frequently. For a lot cases, optimizing once per day works
fine.

--
Regards,
Shalin Shekhar Mangar.