I third the motion.... SOLR is the second largest contributor to my e- mail glut (my company's marketing is #1). I often have no idea what area of Solr I'm actually asking about when I have a question, so I would disagree and say a general forum provides a place to post when you don't really understand the internals so well.

But almost anything would be better than the current situation. This list is SOLR's best documentation so I wouldn't want to just stop getting it (and stuff just goes unnoticed in digests), but it could be presented better. A forum with a search function and notifications would be a big improvement, especially as the community grows.

--
Steve