Hi

Most of the localsolr / locallucene doc's are a little out of date I'll get
to updating them soon
the most relevant ones are on http://www.gissearch.com/

To use it in a distributed form, it should already be built into the trunk
version
Use the standard query component as your primary entry point and add the
following parameters
shards=host:port/solr_path,host2:port/solr_path,host3.......
shards.qt=geo //or whatever you've called it.

The standard query component will then perform the distributed search, and
aggregate the results.

HTH
Patrick