Have a look at the StatsComponent, added after Solr 1.3 release though. You can grab a nightly build to have it built-in.

More info available here: <http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/?q=StatsComponent >

        Erik

On Feb 23, 2009, at 9:10 AM, Yves Hougardy wrote:

Hi,I'm trying to set up a request with two "query.facet" which would give me
the Min a Max prices over all the query results.
What i'm interested in is not really the facet counts but those two
prices...
Faceting on the price field would enumerate all the different prices w/ their facet count. On the other hand a query facet would just give me the
facet count, right?

So, what's the best way to get those min and max values ? (I'm using
solr1.3), is their any specific component for this or
should I extend the SimpleFacets class (if so,, where do i configure/ declare
my new component ?)

Thanks in advance

--
Yves Hougardy        http://www.clever-age.com
Clever Age - conseil en architecture technique