Hi,

I have two cores in different machines which are referring to the same data
directory.
I have implemented this mechanism to have fault tolerance in place, if any of
the machines are down the fault tolerance take care to index data from other
machine.

Since two cores are referring to the same data directory some times reindexing
getting failed and it is showing the below error.

HTTP Status 500 - java.io.FileNotFoundException:
\\SolrShare\CollectionSet2\English\Auction\Auction0\index\_c.fdt (The system
cannot find the file specified) java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
\\SolrShare\CollectionSet2\English\Auction\Auction0\index\_c.fdt (The system
cannot find the file specified) at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.getSearcher(SolrCore.java:960) at
org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:470) at
org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:323) at
org.apache.solr.handler.admin.CoreAdminHandler.handleRequestBody(CoreAdminHandler.java:107)
 at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:131)
 at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1204) at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:303)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:232)
 at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
 at

I have changed lockType to simple and none, but still no luck…
Could you please correct me if I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
Mahendra